Monday, June 11, 2007

Why Isn't the URL Hechsher Tzedek?

Yesterday someone asked me why I used Rabbi Allen's name for the link rather than using Hechsher Tzedek. My answer to their question is twofold. First of all, I have seen multiple spellings on the net for Hechsher Tzedek, including Hecksher Tzedek and Hecsher Tzedek. Not a good thing, having a web address that can easily be misspelled. I think it's just a bit easier to remember the correct spelling for Rabbi Morris Allen.

The second reason for using his name for the link is that this is a place where Rabbi Allen can speak for himself; this is a place where people can come to read what he has to say, to ask him questions, or to leave him comments. He will obviously not be the only person who posts here, the goal is to feature several others who are also involved with the Hechsher Tzedek initiative, but certainly this should be the first place people visit to find out the latest news of Rabbi Allen and Hechsher Tzedek.